Saturday, April 08, 2006

Arggh canulate me bitch!


Arrgghh the worst part of doing clinical research other than the risks is getting cannulated! Well to get cannulated is quite painful not to mention quite irritating... Cannulation is actually a profess where they insert a cannula into (a bodily cavity, duct, or vessel), as for the drainage of fluid or the administration of medication, in my case its for drawing of blood and do it several times, too much for my liking. Well as you can see in the picture its not a pretty sight. The other thing that annoys me is telemetry, but i guess that device will probably save my life if my heart happens to stop, cause this is where they do cardiac monitoring from a central monitoring station. The department is responsible for monitoring the heart rate and rhythms for changes and possible cardiac events, probably this is what monitered my friends heart when it stopped, of which i took a photo. They moniter our hearts for like 8hrs++ where we are not allowed to move abt or even use our handphones, cause it would cause discrepancies in the system.
And so dude i'm glad that nothing happened to you, well it would probably be better if you stop here man, hopefully nothing happens to me or any of the other guys...

6 secs is a pretty long time for ones heart to stop,
i'm glad it decided to kick start itself... [ :
Take care dude!

2 comments:

funkymunkey said...

rofl.send me that photo man shawn.haha.i wanna pict of my death.hurhur

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»